lunes, 10 de mayo de 2010

This is my shower. They turn the water on in sections of the town at specific times. Every time I want to take a shower, the water is off, hence, The Bucket. I kind of like it, though. I feel like I´m saving water.
This is dinner on a pretty regular basis. That red package is refried beans. I love the artwork, though. Doesn´t that brown, block of beans look enticing? The yellow package is bologna and the little white package is sour cream. Sour cream and milk come in little baggies. It's not bad, just a little inconvinient.
This is La Catedral de León, one of the oldest cathedrals in all of Central and South America. León has a rich history and plays a very big part in Nicaraguan history. It´s one of the oldest cities in Central America and is considered the intellectual center of Nicaragua, being the home to many classic poets, writers and activists. It was established in 1524 and was the original capital of Nicaragua. León is also well known for being the city in which President (essenatially a dictator) or "el traidor" (the traitor) Anastasio Somoza García was shot and killed in 1956.

1 comentario:

  1. Hey sis, I am enjoying the blog thus far. It certainly sounds like an adventure, not sure how i feel about all the creepers staring at you when you walk... but I guess thats the culture.Have fun, stay safe, and come back speaking spanish fluently so you can school my ass at it and give me something to aspire to. They say travel is just an extension of education, so good luck with your learning and again stay safe/ come back in one piece. -Daniel

    ResponderEliminar